ACTION ALERT UPDATE:
PUBLIC HEARING ROOM CHANGE
The Senate Committee on Human Services, Children and Families will hold a public hearing on Senate Bill 4, Senate Bill 5, and Senate Bill 7 this Thursday, January 21, at 12:00 p.m. in GAR / Room 413 North of the State Capitol. The three bills are authored by Senator Andre Jacque (R-De Pere) and Representative Jeremy Thiesfeldt (R-Fond du Lac).
*Please note the room change: public hearing now being held in GAR / Room 413 North of the State Capitol.
Pro-Life Wisconsin strongly SUPPORTS:
- Senate Bill (SB) 4, legislation prohibiting the state Department of Health Services (DHS) and local public health officers from requiring individuals to receive vaccination against the 2019 novel coronavirus;
- Senate Bill (SB) 5, legislation prohibiting employers from requiring employees or prospective employees to receive vaccination against the 2019 novel coronavirus, or show proof of having received such vaccination as a condition of an offer of employment or continued employment; and
- Senate Bill (SB) 7, legislation prohibiting local health officers from closing or forbidding gatherings in places of worship to control outbreaks and epidemics of the 2019 novel coronavirus.
The Personhood Alliance/Pro-Life Wisconsin vaccine ethics position 1) opposes, and deems morally unacceptable, the production and testing of vaccines using the remains of aborted human beings, and 2) affirms the rights of all people to refuse medical treatment and to reject violations of their and their family members’ bodily integrity, moral conscience, and Constitutional protections through forced or coerced vaccines.
Senate Bill(s) 4 and 5 specifically reinforce our second position opposing coerced vaccination. Whether or not a vaccine is ethically produced and tested, it is unethical, and highly offensive, for the state, an employer, or anyone to force it on an individual who may strongly resist it for a variety of health, conscience, religious, or personal reasons. It is a direct, physical assault on that person’s bodily integrity.
For the many Wisconsinites who earnestly avoid any entanglement in the abortion industry, forcing them to receive a vaccine produced from or tested using aborted fetal cells is especially repugnant – a total violation of conscience. The recent Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna Covid-19 vaccine development and deployment are a case in point. While both are ethically derived/produced, both are being unethically tested using HEK293 aborted fetal cells harvested from the kidney of a preborn baby aborted in the Netherlands in 1973. Many pro-life Wisconsinites reject the use of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and would vehemently oppose any state or employer mandate of their use on the public.
Senate Bill 7 recognizes that pro-life Wisconsinites are engaged in a spiritual war against the culture of death, exemplified most horribly by the twin evils of abortion and assisted suicide that kill both the young and old with impunity. Our members fortify themselves in this epic battle by faithfully attending their communal places of worship and living sacramental lives. When they are cut off from this spiritual sustenance, it is difficult to be effective in their missionary work. Uninhibited access to our grocery stores is no more important than unrestricted access to our churches. Senate Bill 7 upholds our unqualified First Amendment rights to freely exercise our religious beliefs and freely assemble.
With your help, Pro-Life Wisconsin will fight for passage of SB 4, SB 5, and SB 7. Again, the Senate Human Services Committee will hold a public hearing on all three bills this Thursday, January 21, at 12:00 p.m. in Room 201 Southeast of the State Capitol. Matt Sande, Pro-Life Wisconsin Legislative Director, will testify in favor of all three bills.
- Please ATTEND the public hearing and testify or register in favor of SB 4, SB 5, & SB 7. (NOTE: Due to compliance with social distancing guidelines, seating in GAR may be limited. Additional public access will be available in Room 400 Northeast.)
- If you are unable to attend the public hearing, please CALL or EMAIL your state senator TODAY and urge him/her to “Support SB 4, SB 5, & SB 7.” Tell them, “Vaccine coercion is immoral, unconstitutional, and un-American!” and “Don’t close our churches!”
- Don’t know your state senator? Go to legis.wisconsin.gov and type in your home address under “Who Are My Legislators” or call the Legislative Hotline: 1-800-362-9472.
Thank you and God bless you.
Please continue making your pro-life voices heard in the Wisconsin Senate!